Nuffnang

29 July 2013

Cafe Cartel and Coin Banks


 That's my girl with a super huge coin bank in bottom form from Cafe Cartel. Every 20$ gets you one.

(I can't help but to LOL everytime I play the video... there's a part where she seems like she's tired of smiling at the camera. And .. the fake smile. LOL.)

Their menu has changed over the years and I can't really decide if it has gone better or worst. The free flow bread and their juicy sinful butter has stopped and the garlic bread is like chao tah. The soup ... just feels like it's instant stuff.

There are a few new dishes but I have not yet try them. My stomach always seems to be full whenever I stepped into their restaurant. It's either I'm bloated or I just didn't have the appetite. :(

But one thing to say is... their garlic creamy mussels is 一级棒。 I don't have a high standard for my food so when I say it's nice , it may not be the same for others.

There's GARLIC in the sauce... and it's not too creamy. I could even take a spoon and savor the sauce till it's almost gone. And the mussels.... they are of decent size. :D Nothing to complain about.

Nice 不 nice?

Apart from that I had the cake set too!

I chose Chamomile tea to go with it. Not bad leh. This is Tiramisu Cheesecake. Cake set at $6.40

And if you add another $1, you can grab their soup (with 2 other choices but you choose 1 only)

Artistic !!! Looks like a tree with branches and flowers.

On the whole it is still a decent restaurant and I'll definitely return... for their cake sets. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment