Nuffnang

22 May 2013

18 May 2013 - 8 Days Corporate Chic Workshop & Girls Day Out

My buddy invited me to this workshop as she won a pair of tickets.

8 Days Corporate Chic Workshop was held at Orchard Parade Hotel, under the group Far East Hospitality.

Host of the event was Yasminne Cheng, a local DJ at Class 95FM.

There were makeup, fashion and hair styling tips.

Makeup in progress.. Bobbi Brown cosmetics was used.

Fashion guru

Hair styling.

The buffet! Showing you the pastries section. The smoked salmon also not bad!

The event was great and Yaz kept injecting humor into the 3 hour long session. 

And what pissed me off slightly during the event was this... Some bunch of gu-niangs laughed at Yaz's wrongly-pronounced surname. She got it right the first time but as she couldn't see me raising my hand, she thought she had misread it and mentioned 'Kok' ? That made those women laughed hilariously. Seriously, what's the issue? My surname so funny meh? I just find their behavior childish. Haven't they heard of our local vavavoom lady, Ann Kok? Will you still laugh at her surname? 

Anyway, the reason why she mentioned my name was because....

I won myself a free express manicure! LOL! (Talk about changing of moods so fast like the weather...) 

It's not too bad la.. I think the manicurist could still be under training.
And that shiny Swarovski elements bracelet.... is my advanced birthday gift ! 谢谢!

Our goodie bag from the event had a copy of 8 Days, a New Look voucher, a box of post it notes, a tube of highlighters with pen, tote bag and a Bobbi Brown complimentary makeup letter.

Alright, that's for the workshop. After the workshop, my buddy and I went to look at the clothes at New Look! We utilized the voucher immediately. 

Then we proceeded to Isetan and ... that's where my 损友 got me to buy a Samantha Vega bag. Too cute to resist. Serious. Plus... 50% DISCOUNT!

Couple bags and bears!

Paper bag also rainbow colored. O_O"

Close up on the bears.

With our weary feet (after the New Look and bag shopping, time had lapsed for 4 hours), we went to Plaza Singapura and had our late dinner at Itacho Sushi.



Funny faces.

And I'm ending this post with this FREE pic at the workshop. 

Thank you for inviting me out on a fun filled day ah!

People will stare... Make it worth their while.

No comments:

Post a Comment