Nuffnang

14 May 2013

Why Are Friends No Longer Friends?

Ain't this question one of the most asked if you're someone who values friendships and relationships a whole damn lot?

I've gained some, and lost some. I don't care about those who just don't deserve my time and effort. Our paths differ and even though I hate to let go, I just had to let it be. And in this post, I meant people who are potential keepers and yet .... just read on.

For the case of loss, I have no idea why I've lost a few of them. We were still happily chatting away days before and then suddenly they just ceased all form of contact. Have you been in such a similar situation?

It makes me wonder why? What happened? I am very sure I've done nothing wrong, and in some instances, it was the friend who needed my help and when I said I couldn't make it (due to time and distance), the friend just stayed away and stopped talking altogether. Is it my fault that I said no? I don't just say no for nothing. I have my limits as well. And it's not like I rejected you rudely!?

Then there's friends whom you thought can be trusted through bad times. But they just disappear when you needed them.

And those who acted negatively after seeing you for a long time... you just thought you were still friends. And they displayed a "OMG, why are you here?" kind of face.

Some people did not explicitly state that they do not want to maintain the friendship and still behave chummy. If you do not want someone as a friend, then just stop it. Stop appearing to be kind and be concerned when you're just not sincere. It really doesn't kill to tell the truth. And we don't have to be on each other's friend list you know?

I am ok with people deleting me from their list, at least it tells me that they do not wish to hear about my life and I can spare them with my boring newsfeeds. Seriously, it's a practical and logical thing that if you don't want to know something, delete it/him/her.

In case if you're wondering if I did anything when I noticed something was amiss, yes I did. But things just didn't work out for themselves. Some responded kindly and things were sorted out. And the point of this post is about those who just stopped talking for no reason even when I tried to find out more. It's not fair if I really did something wrong and you just choose to keep mum. Like that you think I know what's wrong ah? And it's even worse when you condemned me when I did nothing wrong. I value each friendship and will do my best to salvage but if it has become a one-sided affair... Then I guess it's just not worth salvaging anymore.

And for those that I've gained and manage to keep... thank you my dear pals. We have went through lots of tribulations and good times. Let's give ourselves a pat on our back. We deserve it.

A toast to our friendship!

Love you guys. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment