Nuffnang

10 June 2013

Fever

My girl is struck with fever. It's not that serious but I'm worried it may get worse.

My housekeeper told me that the little one feels warm since morning when she woke. And after her lunch we tried to make her drink Dhamol. She puked all her lunch and it gets worse the second time. She was very annoyed and frustrated. We stopped that and made her go for her nap after milk. We made her sleep from 1-4pm.

She was OK after the nap... slightly warm and I brought her out to get us some bread for breakfast tomorrow. And that was the only time she managed to sweat. I was thinking.... is it really good to let her sweat it out? I think it's good in a way.

I'm skeptical when people put on the Internet suggesting parents to make their child sweat the fever out... They are already so pek cek (annoyed) and you still want them to sweat it? And then make them unable to sleep well the whole night cos of that? The worst kind is making their child sweat underneath the blanket... and without a fan.

I believe in sweating it out when they are engaged in activities... not when they are trying to sleep. Let the sick child sleep well.... in a well ventilated room. If it's stuffy like mine (due to location), just switch on the air con if possible and adjust the temperature accordingly. My child is ok with fan at nights... but she sleeps better with the air conditioning.

And now I'm praying hard that her fever is under control... and that she can sleep soundly till tomorrow morning. I dread hospital visits. The last we went was when she was at her 9 months mark. Terrible experience. Poor child trying to sleep and the nurses keep coming in to feed her medicine and taking temperature. And then the daddy fell ill in the hospital too! The jialat thing is... he can't see any doctors there as it is a hospital solely for women and children. He had to travel far to see a doc.

Please get well soon kiddo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment