Nuffnang

04 June 2013

Making Me Smile

It's not hard to make me smile. I've gotta admit that I do have my temper, and my patience runs very thin with my child. It's very exasperating that she hasn't learn to talk properly and most of the time she will just cry and scream to express herself. And when she does something that's unexpected... it will just make me smile.

Like there was once I choked on water and I coughed hard. She came up to me and started patting me on my chest and back. She's just two! I'm glad that she's sympathetic and consoled me.

And there were times that I mess up the table or the floor, she would get me tissues almost immediately.

And when she puts in her dirty laundry whenever I use the washing machine. She tips toes just to flick and push the laundry in.

When I am done with my food or have wrappers to throw, she would volunteer to discard them into the bin or put the dishes on the basin top.

And then a few days ago I was carrying her to sleep for her afternoon nap. Suddenly I had the urge to cough but I fear it would wake her up again. I couldn't hold it in and coughed once. The semi asleep toddler pat my back. And went to sleep again.

Little things that she does.... make me smile. I do not expect much. I just want her to grow up well and healthy. Be a good citizen, know her goals and what she wants to do with her life. :)

I just hope she starts to talk real soon. Really pek cek one when she cries and we just don't understand.

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment