Nuffnang

02 June 2013

Neighbors

It's either good or bad ones. And of course the neutral parties.

Neutral parties are those who just smile and say bye kind of neighbors, plus they won't pop by for a chit chat. I'm perfectly ok with them. I mean, if there's no common topics to talk about, why force a new friendship out of it? Hey, at least they do SMILE and say hello. In this modern 'aloof' society, this gesture is considered good, more than enough.

And I'm blessed to have a few good neighbors. They bring us food... lend a ear and basically does what a good friend will. We can even trust each other with our house keys! We help each other time to time. Awesome, right?

Unfortunately, there has to be some black sheeps. Last evening I witnessed one such neighbor. I was at my tiny balcony for a breather and the opposite couple thought I was staring at them! How would I know? Because in a split second, I saw the wife (who was carrying her baby) ordered her husband to quickly draw the curtains! And while he was doing that, I realized that they were staring at me. What the..... ? This event took place very quickly, like under 10 seconds. Just for a fraction of a minute, they think I'm a stalker, someone perverted who likes to view into their house?! Hello? You have kid, I have one too! What's up with these people?

And then there's the one who stays above me. Since their first day moving in, we are never on good terms. They made so much noise into the late night and when I approached them twice, and explained to them nicely that I have an infant who is trying to sleep, they didn't bother and continued making a ruckus with their furniture till midnight! And since then, every night, they allow their kids to stomp all over the house, making my toddler's sleep an unbearable one. Tell me lah, so inconsiderate right? And we did try to make things work....

We gave them our toddler's birthday cake personally. The mistress saw us and even gave us a black face, like we owe her a lot of money. She took the cake and slammed the door on us. Tch.

We did try our best to be nice neighbors. But such people take us for granted and even 变本加厉 (become worse). In the past we smiled whenever we see the people from that unit.... and when there's no positive response from them, I have stopped smiling at them. I just don't care. Can't be bothered when I've tried so hard for 2 years.

Oh, and there's the bad smoker neighbor. Who always dirty my balcony with the cigarette ashes. How nice.

These 3 are the worst kind of neighbors ever. And luckily I have another equal or more amount of good neighbors to balance the mood out. I tell you ah, once you have your own flat, the best thing you can ask for is to have decent neighbors. Whether it be left, right, up or down.  Or even diagonally up or down.

That being said, I still think that it's best to establish positive ties among all. Don't start off  by being a C* nonsense person and make everyone dislike you. You have to stay here for at least 5 years, make it a pleasant time for you and everyone else lah!  这样子日子才好过!

Ok, rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment