Nuffnang

05 June 2013

Skip That Phone

Skip it!

In our modern society, one is often too dependent on their smart phone for entertainment, communicating and etc... I'm highly dependent on it for Facebook-ing and whatsapp-ing. I'm like a slave to my phone.

You know, sometimes we should just leave that smart phone back at home... and just head out without thinking about it.

When I was a teenager, there was only Nokia black/white phones with customized melodies that sounded like pressing keys on the keypad. There was much freedom back then. I go to the library, to the community centre, to the supermarket without it. All I had was the company of my parents, and myself. There was so much free time on hand.

Now? I find myself checking the phone once every 10min! Check, ok, check!

And I only had my first mobile phone in the first year of my tertiary education. It was getting common so I thought I should get one to mingle with my mates.

Long story short, just now I left my phone at home while out on my part time job. My pouch feels lighter! And I got my job done way faster! In 30min, I went out and am back at home for my shower. Normally I would take about 40min.

O_O

I admit I am still dependent on my phone to reach family and friends. But it's good to just 'discard' the phone at home and go out for a walk.

You never know what pleasant surprise you may get!

No comments:

Post a Comment